Established in 2007, Smartwork association (NGO) stands for smart and contemporary work practices. The Smartwork Association’s mission is to promote smart work, incl. remote work in Estonia to enable people to work in a form and place suitable for them. Through different activities we contribute to enhancing Estonia’s job market’s flexibility and adaptability to meet better with the demands coming from the external environment (e.g. globalization, development of technologies and ICT, changes in employee expectations, increased competition for talent, etc.).
At Smartwork, we value:
- Smart working practices in general, where the emphasis is on the work outcome, not the time and place where work has been accomplished;
- Employee autonomy (including flexibility in choosing how, when and where work will be accomplished)
- Role, value & competence based management practices;
- Maximizing the potential and benefits of the development of ICT;
Our main activities include:
- Collecting best practices from different organizations around the world and sharing it with our local organizations;
- Doing research in collaboration with Universities to map the current state in Estonian organizations regards using smart working practices; and the current and future needs regards employee competencies;
- Development of competencies of current and future managers and employees;
- Running and participating in different international and local projects funded by EU, local government and/or private organizations.